Update 29-12-2009

Firstly i would like to apologise for not updating alot recently, since my last update ive competed in 2 more events 1 in Offaly and the other in Cork. We headed for Nenagh/Offaly for the Birr MC Autocross and i was really confident of a good result. Billy McCarthy was to double drive my car for the day also. The track was short but really fast which ment alot of speed had to be carried through the few corners. My first run was a bit slow just getting used to things again. On my second run i settled down alot and set a respectable enough time just .1 of a sec. slower than David Beamish who led the juniors. I went out all guns blazing on the final run to try and secure the win and much needed points. I was carrying some serious speed through the corners but on my last lap i overcooked it a bit over the jump landed wrong and hit a big stone which sheared the hub so i had to make do with 2nd.

On the 26th December we headed to Ladysbridge, Co-Cork for the CMC Autocross. The track was short but very technical and slippy which would keep you on your toes!. I started poorly setting a time of 2.12.00 i bettered this time by setting a time of 2.05.02 on my second run. I really pushed hard on my final run setting a time of 2.01.00 which i was thrilled with. I finished 2nd in the juniors to David Beamish and 3rd in Class 1. There was due to be another event held in Campbells pit by MCC but it looks like this will not go ahead. As for the championship i havent seen the final points yet but it looks like ive taken 2nd to David Beamish. The prizegiving is to be held in Mallow on the 30th January contact info@munsterautocross.com for tickets and info.